Wednesday 6 June 2012

Liaison

I did end up taking up Arthur on his advice. While investigating the truck route, I consulted with the head of the national police force. I don't know if they call it that, but it's basically the organisation that organises the different police forces in all the places in England and the rest of the UK. Not quite as high up as the director of the secret service, but they work together. Their director, Inspector Jack Peterson, was good to work with. I prefer this crowd than the know-alls up higher... this guy actually got out there himself and got involved in the work, accepted the authorities above him on a need-to-know basis and was really knowledgeable as well as cooperative. We're going to liaise with him and his department about the murders and dangers to the public. And he's offered his help with manpower without asking too many questions. 

So that was when I was tracking the truck route. Didn't find much. Then there was this death at a large building in Kibworth Harcourt, of an IT guy. Went there and investigated it, but the radiation signature was coming from the room instead... so Julian types things in his blog hoping Wedge would read it while I take the readings. And Wedge did read it, and responded back with the calculations I would have had to have done. It would have taken hours and hours, but since Wedge is in an alternate timeframe, hours for her is minutes for us. 

Turns out there was a device strapped underneath the casing of the servers... nuclear bomb type device. We couldn't remove it, not without detonating it, so we've just put a field around it so it won't destroy the building if it blows - just the server room. However, the good thing was that once I had the precise specs I could scan nearby for similar devices - and I found one. So now, we're off to Littleport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment